The Peterborough Community Legal Centre (PCLC) is a community legal clinic dedicated to providing free legal services to low income residents of Peterborough City and County. Check out Legal Aid Ontario’s Community Legal Clinic by Postal Code finder to see if you are in an area that we serve.
Contact us to get in touch with us for help.
We provide legal advice and representation in the following areas of law:
- OW (Ontario Works, also known as welfare or social assistance)
- ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program)
- Housing (tenants only)
- CPP (Canada Pension Plan disability pensions)
- Worker’s rights (Employment Insurance, Employment Standards and Workers Compensation)
- Consumer protection
- Human rights (related to the above areas)
- Domestic violence (we can provide a 2-hour legal aid certificate)
Our legal services are provided by intake workers, lawyers, and students. Translation services are available.
In addition to representation and advice, we are also mandated to assist our clients and community partners with community development and public legal education services. We are proud to work with our many community partners on anti-poverty and social justice issues. We provide speakers (free of charge) to community groups seeking information related to our legal practice.
If we can’t help you, we will try to refer you to someone who can.
We provide very basic information and referrals on . . .
Click on the links above for information on getting help from Legal Aid Ontario.