The Peterborough Community Legal Centre provides legal services to low-income residents of Peterborough City and County to improve individual access to income security, housing and related needs. The Peterborough Community Legal Centre advocates for systemic reform to promote social and economic justice and human dignity. Our services are independent, community-based, confidential and free.
Vision and Value Statement
The Peterborough Community Legal Centre upholds human dignity by advocating for an equal and just community in which all people are aware of their legal rights and have access to justice and human security.
We believe in:
- Treating our clients with respect
- Providing high quality community-based legal services in a cost-effective matter
- Determining community legal needs and delivering clinic law services at the community level through locally governed legal clinics
- Respecting diversity
- Empowering people through legal education and community development
- Working collaboratively with other legal clinics, community agencies, and groups on behalf of our clients
- Monitoring trends that affect low income people and alerting the broader community
- Advocating for systemic change to achieve social and economic justice
- Sustaining a positive, collaborative working environment within the clinic