Housing Law

We help tenants and co-op partners with legal problems that affect their housing. Although you can come during our walk-in hours on any day of the week, the Legal Centre has a walk-in Housing Clinic on Friday mornings from 9:00 – 11:30 am. The Housing Clinic is run on a first-come, first-served basis.

We are not funded to assist landlords. If you are a landlord, please contact the Landlord Self-Help Centre for help.

If you are experiencing a housing emergency (such as the immediate loss of your housing), you can come at any time, without an appointment.

If you come to see us about a housing problem, make sure that you bring any relevant information such as:

  • Lease/rental agreement(s)
  • Rent receipts
  • Notices from the landlord
  • Letters or printed emails/text messages between you and your landlord
  • Photographs
  • Applications to the Landlord and Tenant Board

The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about housing and other common legal problems.