Legal Centre News Volume 53 – The COVID-19 Pandemic Edition Released!
Hot off the press! Well, not exactly. We are pleased to announce the release of the online edition of our bi-annual newsletter, Legal Centre News. The paper version will be printed soon and mailed to members who have indicated a preference for postal mail as opposed to email communications. The Newsletter will also be available outside the Legal Centre’s office as well as the COVID-19 Financial Relief Chart.
Legal Centre News Volume 53 includes pandemic-related updates relevant to the areas of law practiced by the Legal Centre and that impact our clients. Here is the contents:
- Legal Centre services and COVID-19 (how to get legal advice during the pandemic from the Legal Centre)
- Thinking of Filing an Indian Day Schools Claim?
- Housing Law and COVID-19
- Employment Law and COVID-19
- Social Benefit Tribunal Hearings
- Justice and Health Project
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Project
- Domestic Violence Increases as Pandemic Continues
- Have you heard about the Passport Program?
- Police! Know Your Limits! Community Members: Know Your Rights!
- National Indigenous Peoples Day – June 21, 2020